5 Ways Live Chat Will Boost Your E-commerce Sales
July 30, 2019 15:33
Have you ever found yourself stuck looking at analytics reports, bar charts and graphs, trying to figure out how to increase sales and up your e-commerce game? Keep reading for the five reasons we think live chat may be the solution you are looking for.
1. A stunning 77% of all online shoppers say they prefer to talk to an actual person before making a purchase.
We have said it before and it’s a truth that has been proven again and again, a human touch will help you stand out. Having human beings staffed 24/7 live chat is key – provided by Whoson.
2. 90% of consumers say they want an immediate response when they have a customer service question.
What “immediate” means today is 10 minutes or less. History of communication is history of overcoming obstacles, asking customers to wait on hold is now a thing of the past – provided by HubSpot.
3. Consumers who use chat are 2.8 times more likely to make a purchase than those that don’t.
Data is very conclusive here, if you want to increase your sales, you have to engage your customers with chat. To complete the data, another study says that buyers who chat will spend on average 60% more – provided by Bold360 (a LogMeIn company).
4. 55% of consumers are likely to abandon their online purchase if they find it hard to get a quick answer to their question.
To quote a popular movie from the 80s “I feel the need—the need for speed!”, and so do your customers. In a world where people can get everything on demand, they are used to getting information quickly. Customers expect quick responses to their questions – provided by Forrester Data.
5. Millennials are willing to pay up to 21% more to buy products from companies who excel at customer service.
With the amount of e-commerce spent per capita in the developed world last year, it can come as no surprise that companies are becoming more aware of the spending requirements of millennials – provided by Decibel.
If you are unsure of how live chat will work for your business, contact us using the form below. We will be happy to get in touch and share the experience we’ve gained through our current clients.